The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Another New Attempt

After paying $47.95 for a can of Prince Albert Pipe Tobacco today, I have decided to begin anew my goal of becoming pipe free.  My goal is to work at dramatic reduction in number of pipes per day for a while with the goal of being pipe free before the end of the Summer.... Hopefully even earlier.  I feel a strong sense of resolve this time.  It seems similar in some ways to the resolve I had in losing weight, and in becoming a runner.   Hopefully this is not just a pipe dream like it has been in the past.  If I can get up enough gumption and damn orneriness in myself, I am hopeful I will succeed this time.  It took several attempts to lose 120 pounds, it took a lot of effort over a long time to walk and then run.  I can do this, if I keep making steady progress.  

PipeTobacco

6 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

I hope you are successful in reaching your goal! You must remember that tobacco is as addicting as food and you may need some outside help.
Wow, tobacco is really expensive anymore. I didn't know!

Wednesday, 03 May, 2017  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Never knew what Prince Albert in can cost. But I do recall doing prank phone (Now I'm dating my self) to local store and asking if they had prince albert in a can.
Coffee is on

Wednesday, 03 May, 2017  
Blogger Forsythia said...

" . . . not just a pipe dream." Hope not. Good luck. From your comment to Peppy Lady, I gather that this is an old habit.

Thursday, 04 May, 2017  
Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

Good luck, Professor. If will-power isn't sufficient, I suggest you see a hypnotist.

Thursday, 04 May, 2017  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I don't know about smoking a pipe..but I smoked 3-4 packs of unfiltered Camels a day and quit cold turkey..was easy for me..not so easy for others..been over 45 years..

Friday, 05 May, 2017  
Blogger BBC said...

Good luck.....

Saturday, 06 May, 2017  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home