The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, March 19, 2018

34 and Grumpy as Hell

Today is Day 34 of my journey. 

For some reason, today has been rough.  I *did* do my run, all five miles.  I have thus far refrained from the briar, which seems pointless to me at the moment, but I still persevere.  I have gone to work, did my work, etc. Blah, blah, blah.

I feel ornery and out of sorts.  I cannot seem to shake it.  I did not have the most restful of sleep last night, so perhaps that is part of the damn problem.  But, I can usually shake that sort of thing off by trying hard. 

Truth be told, if I had my druthers at the moment... and if I did not have the degree of impulse control I have... I would quit my job, drive down to Florida, Arizona, Tijuana, or some such local, start smoking my pipe again, and my wife and I could start anew with a condo or apartment and just start doing as we damn well please.  Oh, and I would need to win the lottery first too.

Copious whisky, wine, food galore, song, pipes, plenty of amorous activities with my wife.  A Life of Riley, going to movies, to theater, etc.  Going fishing anytime I damn well wanted to as well.

But, this fantasy is just a pipe dream.... and a pipe is something I cannot have.

Damn.

PipeTobacco 

4 Comments:

Blogger John Going Gently said...

Chin up...
I enjoyed that

Monday, 19 March, 2018  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

The other day I was talking about my next life (I believe in past live and such) I swear my next life I don't want to be responsible.
Coffee is on

Tuesday, 20 March, 2018  
Blogger Jono said...

Sell everything and just do it! Or not. A simple life isn't TOO expensive and you might need a little something to do on the side just to keep you occupied in case the fish aren't biting and the wife has a headache.

Tuesday, 20 March, 2018  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

grumpy is good...be grumpy...it's good for you..ha

Wednesday, 21 March, 2018  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home