The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Beautiful


The above image is that of the most common style and shape of pipe I have in my collection.  I must have perhaps a dozen pipes of this same basic shape from a variety of different pipe manufacturers.  It is a style I have always found very pleasant.  It holds easily in my mouth.  The curve allows it to be gripped comfortably for long periods of time.  And, its smooth texture is pleasing to my eye. 

I miss smoking these pipes the most. 

4 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

From what I remember handling them is half the fun. Rubbing the briar bowl on the cheek imparts oils to the wood and after years it develops a wonderful patina. The good ones have a ready market out there in the world.

Tuesday, 06 March, 2018  
Blogger BBC said...

You are doing great, carry on.

Wednesday, 07 March, 2018  
Blogger David P. said...

I think every pipe smoker has at least one shaped like that.

Wednesday, 07 March, 2018  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

I would agree! For me, it is comfortable in every way.... traditional, not "flashy", highly functional.... it fits every criteria I have always liked.

Wednesday, 07 March, 2018  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home