The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, March 16, 2018

Another of My Favorite Shapes


Several days ago I linked to a photograph of the most abundant and prized pipe shape in my large collection.  It was the half bent billiard shape.  Today, I show an image of my next favorite shape of pipe I like to smoke.  This is sometimes called a "Dublin" or a "Woodstock" pipe.

These two pipe shapes are by far the favorites that I have and of each type I have many examples of each, all cherished in various ways. 

The image is, to me very artistic and pleasant to look at.  Even though today is Day 31 of NOT smoking a pipe, given my druthers, I would like to be smoking one of my pipes right now. 

PipeTobacco

5 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Great job on no smoking, carry on...

Sunday, 18 March, 2018  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Yo're doing well, but I have little doubt that come Easter ...

Sunday, 18 March, 2018  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

I am concerned about Easter morning as well. I do not know what will happen to my resolve.

Sunday, 18 March, 2018  
Blogger BBC said...

Oh hell, just screw a rabbit. :-)

Sunday, 18 March, 2018  
Blogger Jono said...

I picked up a smaller Danish style pipe similar to that one of yours whilst wandering the canyons of midtown Manhattan back around 1971. Eventually I gave it to a pipe smoking friend.

Tuesday, 20 March, 2018  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home