The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

More Than the B*llsh*t


I have to say, that at least at the moment, I am feeling of a mind to tell a few people exactly what I think of them and their behavior.  We will see if I decide to do so or not.

I am pretty angry at a handful of folks and I am truthfully very tired of their uncaring b*llsh*t.  But, I am also pretty damn tired of the way their poor, rude, and obnoxious behavior affects me.  If I had my druthers, I would prefer to never interact with these folks again, but unfortunately that is only a pipe dream. 

However, I may let them know what I really think of their shameful behavior and then work to keep any interaction I need to have with them to the barest minimum possible.  Their shockingly self-serving, unfair, inequitable, unbecoming, and clueless behavior is something I *have* to deal with, but I do not *have* to let it defeat me in my pursuit of a happy life.  I am feeling determined today to find a way to feel happier in spite of their obnoxious behavior. 

Even though I have helped each of them in several *very* significant ways in the past, that apparently isn't worth a hill of beans to them.  It will truthfully be a cold day in hell before I put myself out there to help any of them willingly again.  Although I am *not* there yet, I am putting in more and more energy to figure out how to best regain my own sense of happiness in spite of these sh*tty individuals.

*   *   *   *   *  

What am I thankful for today:

1.  I am very thankful for my wife and my family.  They are such important people in my world.

2.  I am thankful that it is Summer.  Even though it was a rather chilly 45 degrees during my run this morning, it was still a helluva lot better than it is in the winter.

3.  I am thankful for the lunch my wife packed for me today.  Her being willing to do this for me helps me to feel loved and cared for.  And, it tastes wonderful as well (I have eaten about 1/2 of it already).

4.  I am thankful for having a good novel to read in the late evening.  It is relaxing and entertaining.

PipeTobacco

  

3 Comments:

Blogger Simone said...

I am glad that you are finding more things to be thankful for. Try not to let those people impact on how you feel. When not working with them shut them out of your mind altogether. Your health is more important. Only deal with them as far as you have to.

Tuesday, 26 June, 2018  
Blogger Ol'Buzzard said...

Mad is good. You sound positive. Good for you.
best wishes
the Ol'Buzzard

Thursday, 28 June, 2018  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

don't beat around the bush..all you get is a beat up bush...speak up..get it off your chest..you will feel better.

Friday, 29 June, 2018  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home