The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, December 28, 2018

Bitter is Better


On this Friday, I must briefly comment on coffee.  For me, coffee is at its very best when it is dark, dark, dark.  And, the longer the pot sits on the warmer the better!  I will occasionally go purposefully to the nearby 7-11 very late in the evening, and peruse the coffee pots that are still on the burners.  I  will take and mix together whatever is the darkest looking, most opaque, longest sitting coffees there that I can find, regardless of flavor and fill and mix these bitter remnants of coffee until I am able to fill one of their extra large 24 ounce cups.  I then buy it and take it home for the next morning.

I did this last night,  and was able to concoct a beautifully murky, thick blend of Brazilian Dark Roast, Blueberry, Coconut, and Hazelnut coffees together to make my 24 ounce cup filled.  Each of the coffees were so think that I think a spoon may have been able to stand upright in each pot!  It was beautiful!

Now that I have completed my five miles this morning, I am looking forward to having that heavy, harsh, beautifully bitter and robust coffee!!!!!

PipeTobacco

8 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Lost for words ... ;-)

Friday, 28 December, 2018  
Blogger Forsythia said...

I'm pretty "tone-deaf" when it comes to coffee, but I know one thing and that is that I don't like "old" coffee that's been on the warmer for 5-plus hours. I'm thinking of how awful the last pot of the day tasted by 4 PM at work. BLEH! However, each to his own.

Friday, 28 December, 2018  
Blogger Ol'Buzzard said...

I don't drink coffee often, I am a tea drinker; but when I do I like a local brew called Bad Dog - strong and black.
Even My tea I like strong - usually two tea bags and no sugar.
the Ol'Buzzard

Friday, 28 December, 2018  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh, no. Just no. All day 7-11 coffee? Forgive me but that sounds terrible!

Saturday, 29 December, 2018  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

I have to say that that sounds hideous! But then I don't like coffee.

Just been catching up on your posts. Glad Christmas went well and wishing you a very joyful - yes, I think I would wish you a joyful 2019.

Sunday, 30 December, 2018  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

Barry's Irish Tea...yes..coffee? not so much

Sunday, 30 December, 2018  
Blogger jenny_o said...

The 7-11s must love you!! I've never heard of anyone loving old bitter coffee until now. Even my husband, who likes strong-tasting food and drink, wouldn't do that, lol

I'm glad we are all different. What a boring world it would be otherwise!

Tuesday, 01 January, 2019  
Blogger SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Well, at least you seem to have survived so far, but I'm not sure how!

Tuesday, 01 January, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home