The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

The Pipely Pipe, Pipe, Pipe


I think that as we approach the Holidays that I am in need of some time to better prepare.  I have been having considerable cravings again for some beautiful pipe tobacco in one of my pipes.  For me, I believe the reason for the increase in desire for the burley leaf over the last few days stems from the inherent lack of routine during this time of the year. 

I believe this to be the case because not only did my typical pipe consumption rate increase during the Holidays most years, because I have also worked through the same sort of situation when I first lost weight.... I found holiday times to be the most challenging in terms of remaining in control of eating.  It took me a few years of considerable effort to figure out how to eat "healthy" during the holidays with the often inconsistent routine without becoming fairly grumpy at times.  I have a pretty good handle on eating appropriately during the holidays now.  But, I have yet to work through these same sorts of feelings and emotions associated with my pipe during the holidays.  It had been my regular, constant companion during the ambiguity of routine during this time of the year.  It served as a source of comfort in a chaotic world, so-to-speak. 

Now I need to find new approaches to cope with the loss of my pipe like I did the loss of just eating junk food as a stress reliever during this time.   I do admit that the idea of a pipe seems beautiful and wonderful, and the idea of figuring out coping strategies is giving me a grouchy edge. 

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Forsythia said...

Life: a never-ending series of challenges.

Tuesday, 18 December, 2018  
Blogger BBC said...

Carry on....

Wednesday, 19 December, 2018  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home