The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Jethro Tull



In my quest to brighten my life with more music, as I worked on class materials yesterday, I decided to listen to "Jethro Tull".  They were a favorite of mine when I was younger, but I have not listened to them in a very long time.  Utilizing "YouTube" helped a great deal, as I do not have any CD or audio file recordings of any of their work (I have LPs of them).  I was happy to get reacquainted with Ian Anderson's voice and flute skills.  The above image is of Ian Anderson during the mid 1970s.  He was a pipe smoker back then.  Not sure if he still indulges or not these days.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

You tube is great and also I'm big on podcast etc.
Coffee is on

Thursday, 31 January, 2019  
Blogger Tasker Dunham said...

I used to think Jethro Tull were the best band of all. I liked the feeling of non-conformity they had about them. I bought all there vinyl LPs in the late 60s and 70s and still have them. It's on my mental list of subjects on which to write a blog post.

But several years ago I bought some of their DVDs of live concerts and interviews with the band. How disappointing to find Ian Anderson coming across as so smug and conceited.

Thursday, 31 January, 2019  
Blogger MRMacrum said...

The times they came out were in my opinion the best years of popular music. There were no rules, just do what you do, let the music speak for you. Tull definitely did not fit any mold at first. Then they went mainstream and well, I lost interest.

Saturday, 02 February, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home