The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, January 03, 2019

Near Vegetarianism

In terms of food, my wife and I are often at opposite ends of the spectrum.  My wife would be most happy being pretty much a carnivore.  For me, if push-came-to-shove, I could easily be a full-time vegetarian.  I *do* like and enjoy turkey, chicken, and some fish.... but I could easily make due without any of the three if there were a need to do so.  In reality, I end up eating perhaps 2 or 3 meals a week with a small amount of one of the above three meat choices... every other meal would classify as vegetarian.  I have no "philosophical" reason for this... I just happen to like the flavors and textures more in what closely approximates a "Medeteranian" style of diet. 

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

As my system ages it doesn't think much of a lot of meat.

Thursday, 03 January, 2019  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I have to commend people who actually like veggies. Actually, I can quite enjoy them in the right dish, but I can hardly gag down bald boiled veggies.

Thursday, 03 January, 2019  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Over the years my digestion system change. Have trouble digesting dairy.
I could lean more to vegatarian diet. My youngest son is a vegan.
Coffee is on

Thursday, 03 January, 2019  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

I'm like you and Husband is like your wife. I would miss meaty gravy though.

Sunday, 06 January, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home