The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, February 25, 2019

Swimming


There is an indoor, community pool that is about 15 minutes from home.  My wife and I had a very pleasant afternoon of swimming yesterday.  I am not sure what it is about being in water like that, whether it is in a pool or a lake or a river... it is always utterly relaxing and peaceful. 

When I am finished with being in the pool, I typically feel so relaxed and much more peaceful.  My wife tends to feel the same way.  We do like coming to swim at the community pool a great deal and do so regularly.... especially in the Spring, Summer, and Fall, but tend to do so much less frequently in the bitter, cold months of Winter.  I am thinking now that I have to encourage us to go more frequently in the Winter.  It is so helpful.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It might be a good activity for me, but the thought of coming out on a cold winter day is one of the things that dissuades me.

Monday, 25 February, 2019  
Blogger Ol'Buzzard said...

I love swimming, but a number of people, mainly women, admit to pissing in public pools. That has kind of ruined it for me
the Ol'Buzzard

Monday, 25 February, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home