The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Cheese Grater

There is this one person that is at the U that I unfortunately have to work with to some degree.  The unfortunate aspect is that this person annoys the living hell out of me in so very many ways.  Generally I am a very congenial fellow and get along well with folks of all sorts. 

But this ONE person, this one person... makes me feel like I am rubbing my face on a cheese grater every moment this person is in my vicinity.   And the conundrum is that I need to figure out a way to interact with this person more successfully.  But, at the same time, I am not sure if our interactions are because we do not communicate successfully with each other.... OR.... if this person is just ego maniacal and is so damned bull-headed and damned pushy that the person is just a truly bad person. 

Also, this person NEVER, EVER shuts up.  This person talks INCESSANTLY.... usually in ways that (to me) seem very, very pushy and annoying.

Yes, this person is the same one that has been at least a big part of my bad moods for the last few years.  But, I am trying to figure out a way to cope better.  I want to *try* to have a conversation with this person.... but I also have to figure out a way to get my points across to this person WITHOUT flying off the handle and telling this person how very MUCH I dislike this person and what I tend to think this person's real motivations may be..... mostly because a) this likely would not do any good, and b) it would more likely than not hurt me.  And, there is *perhaps* a small chance ( less than 0.03% is my estimation) that I may be incorrect about this persons real personality... this person *might* actually be a nice person.... even though I sure as hell doubt it. 

I had to get this off my chest, so that I can attempt to figure out a way to approach this nasty person more effectively.

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Blogger jenny_o said...

You're a better person than I am - I don't give people like that much credit for being good or nice inside. My husband is much more accepting of everyone and it's something I wish I could do better or more easily.

Friday, 21 June, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home