The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, October 21, 2019

Busy Weekend

It has been a busy weekend with a lot of family activities.  It was fun but also so jam packed that I feel I need a day off to recover from it all!  Hah, not likely though.

I did run my 10K (6.2 miles) this morning and it felt good.  I am pretty well on track with all the things I need to do/have done at work.  I had a plethora of pleasant pipe reminisces while falling asleep this weekend and even had an actual pipe focused dream as well, so that was enjoyable.  In the dream, strangely, I was on a mission to visit Russia to teach for six weeks, and when I arrived at my apartment, the Dean of the school there, knowing I was a pipe smoker, had provided me a gift basket containing some nice Russian vodkas, a few pipes, and several pipe tobaccos.  While teaching, many of the profs would smoke while teaching.  It brought back memories of how it once was here as well.

With my wife feeling a little bit better, we may go see a movie this afternoon.  I hope she soon feels well enough to swim.  I miss swimming with her.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home