The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, October 18, 2019

Peachy





Hah!  No matter your political leanings... you *have* to admit the image above is funny.  It should be made into a t-shirt.  I happened to find this image when I was looking for some interesting recipe to use as a starting point for some canned peaches we have too many cans of at the moment. 


Now.... as far as politics goes..... a few things I would like to say:

1.  I *used* to be very interested in politics.  I would analyze candidates for local, state, and national office with a dogged level of determination so I would make decisions that I thought would be best for our local, regional, and global world. 

2. The election of Trump in the 2016 election.... and the subsequent crazy hyperbole since that time...... has not changed my opinions about how to strive to help others and how to try to be a good, kind person. 

3.  But, I just cannot seem to muster up much energy to stay abreast of politics anymore.  I will be voting for whomever is the Democratic nominee, and I hope that some semblance of normalcy returns to the state of politics.  It has never been a kind venture, but it has been a lot better than it is currently.

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz Hinds said...

I find it so sad that these days nobody expects politicians to be honest. We expect lies, we are given lies, we tolerate and make excuses for lies. Ooh, I think I might have a blog post here!

As you say it's hard to try to care much.

Friday, 18 October, 2019  
Blogger BBC said...

It is what it is and I don't get all worked up about it all anymore.

Sunday, 20 October, 2019  
Blogger Forsythia said...

I'm with you on politics. You could spend hours listening to the repetitive yik-yak on TV, and it's just such a waste of time. On Election Day, I'll vote, because I want Mr. Orange Kool-Aid outa here. Our country deserves better.

Sunday, 20 October, 2019  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I've been interested in politics since 1962..I still expect them to be honest and still shocked when they aren't

Sunday, 20 October, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home