The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Ornery Feeling... Out of Sorts



This morning I feel all sort of  "out of sorts" I guess is how I would label it:

1.  I feel tired.  I would like to sleep all day long, I think.

2.  I felt slow as molasses on my run this morning.  I dragged myself out of bed at 5 and hit the trail, but my heart was not in it really today.  But, I forced myself to do it.  All five miles.  But, there was a strong head wind (probably ~15 mph) blowing against me as I ran for over half of the distance, and that did not really help with my motivation either. 

3.  I slept last night, but I did not wake feeling rested.  I do not recall any dreams or any other things while sleeping last night that would have affected my mood, but it just doesn't seem like it was restful like it typically is. 

4.  I am not really liking the cold, rainy, damp weather we are experiencing at the moment.  The sky is usually a dark grey array of dense clouds.  It is about 40 degrees out, and the wind is challenging even when just walking.  I had to constantly correct my vehicle as it was buffeted by winds all the way to the U. 

5.  I have a surprisingly strong craving for a pipe..... stronger than it has been in quite a while.  A part of me would just relish saying "to hell with it" and cancelling classes today, going out to a park (with a shelter to buffet myself from the wind) and sit.... reading, and smoking pipes all day, and perhaps drinking a few beers as well, each wrapped in brown paper bags akin a hobo. 

Alas, that scenario is likely the only "pipe dream" I will have for today.

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

We all, or at least I, have days like that, and I can't always figure out why it is. Tomorrow will be better.

Wednesday, 23 October, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home