The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Solemnity


The term "solemnity" refers to the state or quality of being serious and dignified.  This week in my Roman Catholic faith it is the "Solemnity of the Body and Blood of Christ" that is being celebrated at Mass.  For those of us who are Roman Catholic, it is an especially important day for us.  It helps us to renew our appreciation for the gift of the Eucharist we receive at Mass.  It is always one of my very favorite days in the liturgical year.  Although we are still not able to attend Mass in person due to Covid-19, I am still very, very fortunate I can participate in Mass through watching our Diocesan stream of the Mass that the Bishop is holding each week.  It is NOT the same as being at Mass, but it is what I am able to do at the moment, and for that I am thankful.  I have about 1/2 hour before it begins today. 

I look forward to when it is safe to return to Mass.  

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger Haddock said...

Yes, I too am a Roman Catholic.

Sunday, 14 June, 2020  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Have faith that Covid will be over, not saying when. I do miss my pagan community and such.

Sunday, 14 June, 2020  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, 16 June, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home