The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, September 25, 2020

Kharman Ghia


 

As I came into campus today, to socially distance in my office and try to get a lot of work done, I saw driving around in the parking lot next to the faculty lot a beautiful, nearly mint appearing Volkswagen Kharman Ghia!  It was of a similar color an hue to the photograph above.  

It brought back a lot of memories!   I had always wanted to have a Kharman Ghia when I was younger and really enamored by Volkswagens.  The VW Beetle I drove around for a number of years while in college was the same color as the Kharman Ghia I saw today.  I think I remember correctly that the paint color was called "Seafoam  Blue".  I believe I am right, because one Summer, I decided to spruce my Beetle up a bit, by sanding the rust off of the rims, putting on a coat of primer,  and then painting the rims the same color as the body before putting the small hub cap back on.  I am pretty sure the spray paint I bought was "Seafoam Blue".

My Beetle was a helluva lot of fun, but I would have really enjoyed driving the Kharman Ghia as well.

PipeTobacco 

4 Comments:

Blogger David P. said...

only issue: Zero - Sixty in 34 seconds. If level terrain. :-(

Friday, 25 September, 2020  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

We had VW Van and would have anther one.

Friday, 25 September, 2020  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Beautiful car! I have had two beetles and we currently have a soft top but he hasn't been out of the garage for years as he won't start! And our garage has so much junk in it Husband can't get in to try and fix the problem.

Sunday, 27 September, 2020  
Blogger billy pilgrim said...

i hope to buy an electric vw microbus when they come out but so far the vw dealer isn't taking reservations.

Wednesday, 30 September, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home