The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Vote & More

 Today was a very intensely cyborgy day for me.... but as I had only one class and it was a mandatory ONLINE class due to its size, I was able to cyborg all day from home, so that was nice.  

So, even though being glued to the computer, feverishly tapping the keys and mousing every other moment is not the most exciting.... but working from the comfort of home made it more palatable.  

My wife and I also submitted our ballots for the election next week.  We had this as our plan given all the craziness of the mail situation in the US right now.  One of the major sorting machines that was dismantled due to politics was not too far from us, and ever since that time, mail has been spotty and rough.  

I have been thinking about writing a longer post based upon ideas and questions posed by Pat and Gap yesterday.  I am thinking I will try to get it down either on Thursday or Friday depending on how needy my classes are.  

It was awfully damn cold running this morning.  It was below freezing, and the one bridge I run over in my nine mile path was quite icy.  I slipped on the bridge and banged my knee there two years ago about this same time when it was iced over.... so I knew to very gingerly travel across it today. It broke my momentum, but the safety was worth it.  I still completed 9 full miles.  I did not really feel warm and comfortable until about 4 miles into the run.... the heavy wind and cold was kind of tough on me.  

PipeTobacco 

4 Comments:

Blogger Debby said...

I will be so glad to have this election behind us. The uncertainty is nerve wracking. I'll never understand how anyone can look at this man and see anything but a corrupt, cruel, self serving man.

Wednesday, 28 October, 2020  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Hubby and I already voted.
Stay Safe and Coffee is on

Wednesday, 28 October, 2020  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You are remarkable.

Thursday, 29 October, 2020  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I can vote on election day..our wait is maybe 10 minutes.although..who knows now..

Thursday, 29 October, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home