The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, November 09, 2020

Tired

 9 miles ran, starting at 5am.

6 hours of cyborging.

1 snotty student.

2 hours to get the fancy widow piece up, caulked to the brick like it was before, caulked the screw heads I used putting it up too, sanded the face lightly to smooth out the screw holes, put a final coat of paint on it.  This all was after about 4 hours of work on it yesterday making sure I would have a solid area above the window to attach the beast to, and having patiently cut away all the remnants of the prior caulking on the house  from the old fancy piece.

Cleaned up my mess in the garage.

Took my wife to pick up her vehicle  after it was repaired (the alternator went out). 

Unloaded all her “stuff” back into her vehicle that was rammed into my vehicle and filled my vehicle to the brim when I went to pick her up Friday after her car went belly-up and had to be towed from the grocery store parking lot to the repair shop.  

Took the trash to the curb as tomorrow is “garbage day”.

Scrubbed the front porch after spilling a little bit of gas stabilizer on it.

Ran gas (and stabilizer) through the lawn mower until it was empty so I could put it away for winter.

Ran a bit of gas (and stabilizer) through the snow blower and also through the generator to make sure they WOULD start when needed (snowblower) and if needed (generator) for this upcoming winter.  Fortunately, it appears that I did put both of the damn infernal machines away well this past spring as both started and ran with minimal hassle.  

Now I am going to shower and eat.  Perhaps I will get to relax a bit afterwards before bed.  

Oh, and about 10 different times today, I had situations where I was working on something and was reminded how a friendly pipe would have been traditionally accompanying me on each journey.  I must be entering a fresh “yearning” phase for my pipes and pipe tobaccos again.  

PipeTobacco 

3 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You remind me of what a lazy slob I am. :)

Tuesday, 10 November, 2020  
Blogger Forsythia said...

No wonder you are tired!

Tuesday, 10 November, 2020  
Blogger GaP said...

Now THAT's a busy day...

Tuesday, 10 November, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home