The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, November 02, 2020

13.2 Miles


 

I have so very much work to do today that I know that unfortunately I am not going to get to write about what I want to in regards to Pat & Gap's suggestions today.  I will try to work on it for tomorrow.  

I did run 13.2 miles (~21km) today.  It is 1/2 of a marathon length, and it is my eleventh such run this year.  It is my November 1/2 Marathon.  

It was damn cold running (27 degrees (-3C), and some wind).  I had on three layers, which slowed me down somewhat (as did the darkness at 5:45am when I started).  But, I had to get it done early so I could get to cyborging as quickly as possible.  

Sno-caps happen to be one of my favorite chocolate candies, I believe because they are made from semi-sweet chocolate.  If you have never had them, they are basically a chocolate chip with "nonpareils".... little "pearl-like" sugar balls on the top surface.  Many, many different chocolate manufacturers (local, regional and national) make these.  And when I can find them, I especially like the ones that are made with disks of chocolate about the size of a nickle the very best.  But, in my region,the chocolate-chip sized "Sno-caps" are the brand name version that is easiest to find with consistency.  

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I forgot about them.
Stay safe and coffee is on

Monday, 02 November, 2020  
Blogger Forsythia said...

I love chocolate, but it's playing with fire if I eat it and get carried away. Too much brings on a migraine. Sometimes just looking at it brings on a migraine.

Tuesday, 03 November, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home