The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, December 02, 2020

Hmmm...

 I do feel a need to express feelings about the suicide, but legal issues make that impossible at the moment.  But to work through some of the emotions I am going to try to use metaphors about my current thoughts and also talk about the other unfortunate suicides and suicide attempts I have been unfortunately touched by in my life.  I have to think more how to proceed, but nothing today.  

******

Today was a full bore day of cyborging.  Generally productive, but taxing.  But, there was one annoying “uppity” student to whom I had to spend a fair amount of time in an effort to write a carefully worded, but quite pointed e-mail to in order to attempt to get her to understand the error of her behaviors.  I shall await her response.  

*****

Hit the trail at 4:53 am..... ran a blisteringly hard (for me) pace through all nine miles.  Only 8mph wind, so that was a great improvement over yesterday.  

Pipes and various dessert foods in my imagination have been my primary form of relaxation today.  I am finally going to get to eat dinner now, after a shower.

PipeTobacco 

3 Comments:

Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I'm been thinking of holiday sweets.
Stay Safe and Coffee is on

Wednesday, 02 December, 2020  
Blogger BBC said...

Carry on.....

Thursday, 03 December, 2020  
Blogger Debby said...

You've been on my mind. An acquaintance in a class that I'm taking has had a friend take his own life, two days before Thanksgiving. She works in a legal office and they are all grappling with the same thing: "they all understood he was depressed but they never thought..." They work in the painful, emotionally charged world of child advocacy. The whole office has become much more aware of each other.

Friday, 04 December, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home