The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

A Bit of Snow Today


 

It is snowing with the first rather "normal" snowfall this season thus far.  We have been fortunate to have had a mild winter with rather underwhelming amounts of snow.  However, buy late afternoon, it is anticipated we will have received around 6 inches (~15 cm) of snow since it started this morning.  

I am especially glad to be in all electronic classes today, as it allows me to stay off the roads, because there are going to be a sizable number of folks who have to relearn the art of snow/ice driving for the season.  

I will be heading out in the latter part of the afternoon to shovel the snow from the porch, deck, driveway and sidewalks.  

I ran 10.6 miles (~17 km) this morning on the infernal treadmill.  It was very nice to be able to watch the Capuchin Order Mass this morning.  Today's Mass was for the Saint's Days for Timothy and Titus.... friends of Paul.  

I have been finding a little bit of time searching around online for some rather attractive pipe tobacco ads from magazines.  I am looking forward to this project.  I have a few spots on the walls here in my office, where I think they will be perfect and complement my pipes, pipe rack, and pipe tobacco humidor (jar) that are also important parts of my home office.  

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger GaP said...

So you'll be melding flame to leaf again soon?

Tuesday, 26 January, 2021  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

we got some snow a while back..we were ecstatic..but we're also very happy with 60 degree days

Tuesday, 26 January, 2021  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

It been a mild winter here in North Idaho. But Feb 2020 we got bunch of snow, so I won't speak loudly.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Tuesday, 26 January, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home