The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, September 23, 2021

Free Form Bullets

 
  • At the moment, I am feeling a considerable craving for either some lentils, or chickpeas, or beans.  I guess it is fortunate that I made a crockpot of seasoned black beans yesterday (well, technically I started soaking the beans on Tuesday afternoon).  My wife is planning to chop up peppers, onions, tomatoes, and we will cut up tortillas and bake them into chips to have nachos tonight. 
 
  • I ran 11 miles (18 km) this morning, but did so on the damn treadmill because it was raining heavily, was 49 degrees (9.4 C) and 22mph (35kph) winds.  The winds.... that was the deal breaker.... the temperature and rain really did not bother me.  
 
  • The topic of my lecture today was about the developmental plasticity inherent in a variety of different stem cells and how different organ systems decline in stem cell activity at various rates depending upon the system's propensity for regeneration of tissues.  
 
  • Eating lunch at the moment, and as one component of my lunch my wife gave me my usual snack bag that had three cookies (the healthy, fat-free, sugar free cookies we make with oatmeal and bananas I have written about previously).  I especially relished the peanut butter one (made using fat-free peanut butter powder) and the coffee one.
 
  • The colder temperatures have stirred up some of my pipe longings again.  Fall weather is the most wonderful pipe smoking weather there is (not that pipe smoking is bad in ANY season or weather, but I digress).  I keep thinking there must be a successful way for me to return to them.  It would be so fun, if I can do it the right way.
 
  • With all the sh*t that has been happening the last few weeks, I have not been playing ANY of my instruments at all.  I think I will work hard to make at least a little time for me to play my tenor sax tonight (fingers crossed). 

PipeTobacco




4 Comments:

Blogger Pat M. said...

I have to wonder, Professor. Could you ever abstain from chickpeas for as long as you have abstained from your pipes?

Thursday, 23 September, 2021  
Blogger Margaret said...

That dish sounds delicious and healthy. The cookies sound interesting--not sure I'd like the coffee one. Wind is a running/walking deal breaker for me also. There are too many trees around here.

Thursday, 23 September, 2021  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You have a wife that cooks and also bakes healthy cookies.?! Amazing, I say.

Thursday, 23 September, 2021  
Blogger Forsythia said...

Hope you can get back to playing your instruments as soon as you can. Especially your tenor sax.

Saturday, 25 September, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home