The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, November 03, 2021

2,345+

Thus far, as of today, I have ran 2,345+ miles this year (I like the 2.3.4.5 number..... when I finished my 10 miles today, I had completed 2,349 miles (~3,780 km)).   Nothing Earth shattering of course, but not too damn shabby for an old guy like me.

* * * * * 

Trying to stay as emotionally "even-keel" as possible.  I will try to do this by simply keeping my nose to the grindstone so-to-speak.... just doing the work I need to, doing the other tasks I need to, and trying to not think a lot about things.  I am not sure if it is always the best strategy, but I think it is a reasonable one for me today.  

* * * * * 

I tried to listen/watch the Capuchin Daily Mass this morning, but there was some sort of glitch in the system and I could not get the Mass to play.  I hope this is not an indication of any sort of plan to stop recording these Masses, as they have been wonderful for me.  Instead, I listened to the Catholic Music Channel I created on Pandora.  

* * * * * 

I am carrying a 1/4 bend Dr. Grabow Grand Duke pipe in the pocket of my sport coat today while I traipse around to my various lectures and other tasks.  It has been a few months since I carried a pipe with me.  It just felt like a comfort of sorts to have it with me today.  

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger Pat M. said...

It sounds as though things have calmed down a bit at the University, and that you're getting a handle on your class preparation as well as your lectures. If so, that is surely a big stress-reliever!

And it sure does seem that you've found a happy way to retain your pipes as a positive influence on your life, even though you haven't returned (yet) to smoking them. It's nice that they aren't just "old friends" as per the one you discovered yesterday, but in fact are "present friends" reminding you of your heritage and your values while you meander through your day.

As for your running, I notice that the 2,468 milestone is just a couple of weeks away. Nice going, Professor! Very impressive!

Wednesday, 03 November, 2021  
Blogger Margaret said...

I'm glad you're finding comfort in a number of ways.

Wednesday, 03 November, 2021  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It is possible that I have walked 2345 steps this year.

Thursday, 04 November, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home