The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, October 07, 2021

“Hangry”

I just got out of the dentist.  Everything was fine, and I was given complements on how well I brush and floss.  The hygienist said it was remarkable how little work she had to do on my teeth.  I was relieved, as dental visits always get me rather riled up.  

I am now so damn hungry!!!!!!  This is the second day this week where I did not eat anything all day long (the other day was in anticipation of the incorrect dental appointment).  But, I need to wait until dinner, as I stick with the hard learned lesson of eating appropriately and have finally taught myself restraint in not eating just willy-nilly as was my normal pattern when I used to weigh ~290 pounds.  I have been in the normal BMI range now for roughly 15 years, but it was a hard to learn change in myself to get there.  

But, I am damn hungry and feel I could eat an entire grocery store!  So, it will be delightful when we have dinner.  

I ran 11.5 miles this morning…. hitting the pavement at 5:15 am.  

PipeTobacco 

3 Comments:

Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Glad your check up went well.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Friday, 08 October, 2021  
Blogger Margaret said...

I've never had to fast before going to the dentist. I know that when I've had my colonoscopies, I've been ravenous afterward.

Friday, 08 October, 2021  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

When you say "hitting the pavement" . . . :)

Actually, I have just read two consecutive blogs about falls, so I was primed . . . :)

Saturday, 09 October, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home