The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Struggling

Brief post:

  • I am feeling angry, annoyed and I am struggling a lot.
  • I worked very diligently this morning while I ran my 11 miles to pray and to focus on the two Capuchin Masses I watched. 
  • I felt rather "even keel" during much of the day, even with 6 hours of "big voice" lecturing.
  • I had a phone call with my wife, and it brought up the anxieties I mentioned yesterday, about her memory in the not-to-distant future.
  • My wife also called me in a distraught state because the person I do not mention here anymore has some sort of ride issue because one of this person's *ssh*l* friends backed out at the last minute and now this person wants to take my wife's brand new vehicle on a three hour drive (and three hour drive back) tonight in weather that is predicted to change from rain, to ice, to snow... to go to some damn concert. And... my wife... agreed..... but then was wanting me to assure her this was a good decision.  And, I could NOT do that, and I would NOT do that.  So, now my wife is p*ss*d at me. 
  • The person whom I do not mention has an old vehicle that is RWD.  My wife offered to drive this person.  The person adamantly said NO!  And, so my wife caved in to what this person wanted.  

It will likely be a damn unpleasant evening.  Likely my wife will be an emotional bundle of nerves, or we will get into a disagreement, and the whole evening will be a whole helluva lot of nothing.  I am too damn tired to stay here at the U.  I don't want to go work in my damn home office either.  I want to relax, and eat a comfortable dinner and have a fun, quiet evening with my wife.  That notion is just shot to hell.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

ooooooooooh..no way.

Wednesday, 16 February, 2022  
Blogger Margaret said...

It sounds like it will be stressful, nerve-wracking and emotional. I'm so sorry that you're dealing with all this turmoil. My stomach would be (and often is) in knots over parenting issues. I both sympathize and empathize with your feelings and situation.

Wednesday, 16 February, 2022  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I understand both your anxiety and frustration. I hope the evening has gone not too badly after all. And I hope both car and passenger return safe and sound.

Wednesday, 16 February, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home