The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Exhaustion


 

I am really very tired at the moment.  Not sure why.... but I suspect it is because I have so much more TO DO before I can relax at the end of the day.  I suspect I will not be home until 7:30pm at the earliest.  This makes for too damn long of a day.

  • Ran 10 miles (~16 km) starting at 5:55am.
  • Taught a laboratory experience using Caenorhabditis elegans, a small nematode renowned in development for Nobel Prize level research on cell migration in early development.
  • Taught another big lecture.
  • Been grading exams.

And still so damn much more to do.  I do not feel up to listing these additional tasks

  • PCS = 6 - In some ways, I think I am so tired, that the potential WORK invovled in getting a pipe ready has lowered my score.  If it were an easy and simple task at the moment, my PCS would be more of an 8 I believe.  
  • I am HOPING to sneak a few minutes in before the U pool closes, to at least take a BRIEF swim.  But, I may not make it, depending on what I still have to get done.

Just too damn tired.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

This is such a stressful and packed time of year for teachers and professors. It's overwhelming. I am glad to be retired when September rolls around.

Tuesday, 27 September, 2022  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Me too, Margaret.

Tuesday, 27 September, 2022  
Blogger GaP said...

That was my biggest stumbling block when it came time to taking up the pipe: All the prep time and futzing with the charring light, the tamping, and whatnot. Keeps me from smoking often, I'll tell you that.

Saturday, 01 October, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home