The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Botox Party

 


 

This morning, I was relaying this information to my secretary at the U.  I am writing what I said as accurately as I can recall:

"Yesterday afternoon, my wife and I were doing some yard work (in our yard), when our next door neighbors stopped by to chat a bit."

"It was a rather convivial discussion, just about random items as we had not seen them in a few weeks.  John said that my yard was looking pretty good overall, and I complemented him that his newly painted deck looked nice too... in the new color he had used. He then told me that he did not paint it, but that his wife, Lynn had spent the time painting it.  I was impressed to say-the-least, as I thought perhaps he had some company come and paint it, not that they had done so."

"But, the real interesting thing is that Lynn came over and told us that she and John were going to be having a Botox Party that evening (yesterday evening), and they said that we could come to it if we wanted.  I raised a furry eyebrow quizzically towards my wife, and she thought about it a few moments and shrugged her shoulders at me."

"I looked back at John and Lynn.... and said "What the hell?  Sure!  Lets do it!  It sounds like fun!""

I then proceeded to show my secretary more closely my face by taking off my hat and my glasses so she could get an up-close look at the results.  My forehead was fully smooth and wrinkle free.  The wrinkles under my eyes and around my eyes were also gone!  My face was as smooth as a baby's bottom.    

My secretary looked at me a bit quizzically.   My skin WAS very, very smooth and wrinkle free.  But, as I expected, my secretary also showed a little bit of hesitation and confusion about the idea that I actually...  attended a Botox party.  

"Yes, your skin IS very, very smooth."  she said... at a bit of a loss on how to continue the conversation, since I had surprised her a bit with this revelation.  

* * * (a few moments later)* * *

Then, I couldn't hold my composure any longer and grinned an especially wide, furry-faced grin.

"Actually, I am just teasing..... This is not a result of Botox.  My wife and I were out in the backyard last evening.... and a damn paper wasp flew up and stung me on the forehead!"  I said, chuckling.

"When I went to bed last night, there was some swelling on my forehead.  But, when I woke up this morning, I found it had spread to my entire face, giving me the "Botox" sort of look...  via inflammation." 

My secretary then laughed at my silly prank, and then wondered if the issue was serious and suggested that I should go to a "Redi-Med".  I dismissed the idea telling her it seemed stable enough this morning and that I was able to complete my run, so it should probably be OK.  My wife also had me take one Benedryl tablet this morning.  

Overall, it was much more fun to have a semi-humorous story to explain my smooth, swollen appearance, than to just say I got stung.  

* * * * * 

Other items:

  • I only ran 10 miles (~16 km) this morning.  I had wanted to do more, but I had some very early meetings I had to get to at the U.  
  • We are still having some significant challenges with my MIL's new living arrangement.  I am a bit too tired (and already rather long winded here) to explain it now.  I likely can outline more of it tomorrow.  
  • PCS = 6.  I noticed that during the time I was very ill with the damnable middle ear infection, that my PCS plummeted to pretty much a "2" or a "3" most days during that 11-or-so day span.  I guess I can tell when I am feeling better physically, because the desire for a pipe increases. I think it would be utterly delightful to have a pipe today.     
PipeTobacco
 


3 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That was very mischievous.

Thursday, 15 September, 2022  
Blogger Margaret said...

A Botox party didn't sound like you, but then I don't actually know you very well. :) All I could think about is that you're never supposed to paint decks. Did that part actually happen?

Thursday, 15 September, 2022  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

“Paint” is a colloquialism around in my parts. I probably should have said the more accurate term “stain”. The neighbors used an opaque stain to give their deck a new look.

PipeTobacco

Thursday, 15 September, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home