The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, September 15, 2022

Too Tired


 

I am too tired to write much today.  It has been a very long week with all sorts of taxing endeavors.  I have had a lot of extra work as well this week with needing to help the cadre of adjuncts that "co-teach" a class with me up to snuff.  They WERE NOT up-to-snuff in any way shape or form, so it was an elaborate and lengthy week of effort.  

My MIL is refusing to do most things when the care folks offer to have her go to lunch or dinner or the art projects or the movies or the weekly social, or the three baths she can have assistance with each week.... UNLESS one of her kids encourages her to go... then she goes willingly.  Yet, of the siblings, only ONE is conscientious about being there or calling my MIL to encourage her to participate.   Can you guess which sibling IS conscientious?  Yes, you guessed correctly.... my wife.  The others are pretty much useless in that regard.  So.... my wife is gone doing these tasks a whole helluva lot of the time, and many of these things occur in the evening.  It makes for a lonely existence at times.  It is also making it very difficult for my wife to accomplish her own work as well.  I participate in many of these things to help too, but it is not the same sort of emotional sense of being a couple in my MIL's assisted living venue as it is when my wife and I are at home.  

Running has been very, very challenging to accomplish with all this extra work and efforts.  I only managed 8.5 miles (13.5 km) this morning before I had to get to the U.  I feel very behind in my weekly target and I feel at risk of failure this week.   

My face is still very puffy and swollen from the damn paper wasp.  My face is also quite itchy which is a further aggravation.  I feel so, so very tired.... much like the fellow who's photograph I have posted.  You can see the tiredness in his eyes and in his visage.  I feel similar.

PCS = 7.... Even though I have very little time, I do keep slipping into my imagination where I am smoking my pipes.  The urge for their peacefulness and also their calming gentleness is quite strong.

PipeTobacco


3 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Your poor face! I hope the swelling goes away soon. I feel awful for your wife, being torn between her mother and her own life and family. I am doing more for my mom than I ever used to--but I'm a widow, I'm retired and my kids are out of the house. I don't know how I would manage otherwise!

Friday, 16 September, 2022  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

i am tired too although I must say that I got slightly more than 6 hours of sleep last night, and that will help.

Friday, 16 September, 2022  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

It was rough night for me, last night.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Saturday, 17 September, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home