The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, January 18, 2024

Yada

 

Seinfeld was IMO the funniest show on television other than the classics from the 1950s (such as I Love Lucy, etc).  My wife and I are ordering the CD set so we can watch them again.

Busy lecturing day today, so briefly:

  • Felt very tired at the track today.... but I forced myself to clomp out all 10 damn miles (~16km).
  • As a sort of "air freshener" I have a beautiful pouch of honey imbued burley in my sport coat pocket as I traverse across campus all day.  It is a very beautiful aromatic, pleasing smell.  And its aroma even permeates around me even with the pouch closed.  It is delightful.  
  • It is even MORE wonderful to actually smoke in one of my pipes.  But ce la vie. (sigh)
  • My wife and I have our first guitar lesson together tonight.  Hoping it is as fun as we are hoping.
PipeTobacco

6 Comments:

Blogger Pam J. said...

Seinfeld has given my family a new vocabulary and wonderful shorthand. I would say that several times a week someone in my family works a phrase into our conversation. It's effortless and fun.

Thursday, 18 January, 2024  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I know that you are musical, but it your wife also so inclined? If you're not at a similar level, I wonder if it might be frustrating. If that sounds like me raining on your parade, it is simply a thought that occurred to me.

Thursday, 18 January, 2024  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Some of older sit coms, use to scare me. Like the honeymooners.

Thursday, 18 January, 2024  
Blogger Margaret said...

Hope the guitar lesson goes well. I'm easily frustrated so me learning a new instrument would probably try the patience of a saint. I too love "Seinfeld" and its offbeat humor although I did get a little tired of the focus on Kramer.

Thursday, 18 January, 2024  
Blogger GaP said...

SEINFELD shines a light on the self-involved absurdity of human existence...especially in New York City...

Friday, 19 January, 2024  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

I've never watched Seinfield. perhaps I'll have to start.

Sunday, 21 January, 2024  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home