The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

I am in a sour mood today. Grumpy, grouchy, ornery, and aggrivated.

If I had my druthers, I would spend the day upstairs in my bed, alone in the house while the family is away and drink gin, smoke my pipe, and read a detective novel.... going in and out of wakefulness, sleep, and gentle intoxication.... with NPR playing in the background.

What will I actually do today? The same as virtually every Tuesday.... work at my desk, work in my lab, and teach in my classroom. Added to that are looming deadlines for grant applications, bullsh*t deadlines for bullsh*t committee work, and all sorts general fussing and fighting within the Department here.

Sounds like fun...... bah!

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Anonymous Roward said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sunday, 20 January, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home