The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

I truly am nearly vegetarian in my diet. In no way am I oppossed to eating meat.... and in fact I do so probably three meals a week, but in reality my tastes run significantly towards the fruits, vegetables, grains section of the supermarket. The typical "high quality" breakfast would for most consist of bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns. I truly dislike all three of those food items (at least in the traditional method of cooking them) . I dislike pork immensely, I intensely dislike the smell of cooking eggs, and the odor of hot oil/grease will easily churn my stomach. What do I think of when I think of my own version of a "hearty" breakfast:

Oatmeal with rasins and brown sugar, a bagel, a bowl of cereal and milk, a grapefruit, coffee, and orange juice

The same holds true for lunch and dinner as well.... items with hot, oily smells are shunned, any sort of harshly cooked meat is scorned, and mostly I eat vegetarian.

When I do eat meat, it is usually a cold lunchmeat turkey, or a cold breast of barbecued chicken or on rare occasion a hanburger that has cooled to near room temperature.

In the last 10 years, I have eaten 5 steaks.... all at resturants, and smothered each of them with enough A-1 Steak Sause to cover any oily flavor or smell.

Not sure if this was actually an interesting post or not, but I was thinking alot about food this morning as I have a 6th mug of coffee and a pipe.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home