The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

[sigh]

Sometimes life can seem so much like a gerbil running on a wheel.... a helluva lot of activity, but it gets you nowhere at all. I am in one of my "blue", "frustrated", "unmotivated" moods today. I do not feel like doing a damn thing. I have plenty to work on, but no motivation to do any of it. In this sort of mindset, my fantasy for life at the moment would be:

A bed, a pipe, a bottle of gin, and ice water.

I have never done this, but whenever I feel this way, I imagine in my mind's eye simply staying in bed all day, smoking my pipe, drinking enough gin to feel silly, and enough ice water to keep me hydrated.... and snoozing on-and-off through the whole day. I would have NPR on in the background so I could hear stories and news.

That is what I would like to do today.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home