The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

.
Tired Tuesday

I feel rather tired today and am not motivated at all. I think it is likely due to the fact that tonight is the day I have my late evening class, so I am here until roughly 10pm. Additionally, on Tuesday I start teaching at 10am and go virtually non-stop (I am on a brief 10 minute break and thought I would come talk with you my friends).

Again, today is actually a day of fasting from my pipe as well, for these very brief breaks do not lend themselves to proper pipe smoking. Each lungful of the rich smoke should be savored and slowly exhaled. In 10 minutes, one can barely gather all the tools necessary, let alone light the pipe. Hence, I wait today until 10pm to savor that pleasure.

Be prepared friends, my trip will begin after my Wendesday post. If I have access to a computer on Friday while at the conference, I will attempt to write. If not, you may not hear from me until Monday. Besides having fun giving my research talk, and having an enjoyable time learning about and debating other researchers work, I am also planning to have one helluva good time.... drinking and eating to excess every evening, staying out to all hours, listening to some good, local music, smoking more than my fair share of pipe tobacco at every opportunity, etc etc. Basically I will be living like a typical graduate student (grin, just kidding). But, it should be fun.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home