The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, July 21, 2006

.
An All-Nighter

An old trick I happened to stumble across while in graduate school when I would get jet lag from having to travel to research meetings or when I would get in an agitated mood was to stay awake all night, doing quiet, mundane things and then working a normal day the next day.

These all night sessions would very often reset my mood and help me get out of the lag or out of the doldrums. I have read theories about it possibly resetting some sort of circanular or more likely circadian rhythm in the brain, but it is as yet unproven. All I have is my own anecdotal evidence.

I shall try this out tonight for the malaise that has befallen me.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home