The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

.
Happiness in Nothingness?

This is perhaps the most comfortable day I have had in nearly two months. I did not think about anything valuable or meaningful. I layed like a lump on the couch for a few hours after breakfast. I mowed the lawn, ate, and cleaned out my vehicle. All the while, I purposefully did not try to think, nor did I try to stimulate myself with music, television dramas, etc. I did listen vaguely to the news on CNN, MSNBC, and NPR, but not with the usual rapt attention I devote to most matters. I cannot actually recall any particular detail I heard about.

Perhaps that is the key to happiness? Have no expectations, do not pay attention, do not have plans. Just float along.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home