The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

.
Em-phasis On the Wrong Sy-la-ble

To start off a few brief nods to several people in the recent past who have commented on my site:

Lawrence... yes, I have found your comments most enjoyable and helpful! Thank you.

Austere... you know how lovely I find your comments, your blog, and your poetry. Thank you.

Mapiprincesa!... as a newcomer to my site, I have found your comments delightful and helpful in guiding me to a more peaceful center. Thank you!

Berin Greenbear - sir, I have enjoyed your comments about the briared life. I wish I knew how to contact you or at least if you had a blog to read so that we could compare this interest. Thank you!

Kelly Jene - the national writing month effort does seem like a helluva lot of fun to me too. I hope that I can keep up with the goals. I will be looking forward to reading your efforts! Thank you!

Lynette - Thank you! I enjoy debating politics, yet part of me hesitates of late in the tangible world, for it is so easy to bruise egos. As I get older, I get more and more disappointed in how we are traveling as a nation.

Shanita - Don Quixote is a noble, yet deluded fellow. I still see many similarities in his persona and my own, much to my chagrin. Thank you for your very kind words!

Zirelda - your kindness has touched me immensely. Thank you!

G@P - you are a friend sir, and I delight in your comments. Thank you!

Andrew - you are amongst my oldest friends here in the Blog world. I wish our talks and discussions were more frequent and in depth like they had been previously. But, please know I enjoy and appreciate your comments. Thank you.

* * * * *

I am sitting here eating a large bowl of chocolate pudding upon which I have added a scoop of French vanilla whipped cream and also a scoop of chocolate whipped cream. It is oddly soothing to my tired soul this evening. The day has been a long one and I have been struggling to work exceptionally hard and efficiently to catch back up to and be on track with work and grading and research like I was a few weeks ago. The mutlti-week foray into sadness has muddied my efforts so that I feel again like I am on the precipice of a downward spiral of chaos in my efforts. I am pulling in the reigns so to speak and trying hard to ignore my emotions and my moods of sadness. If I ignore them, I can get back to having the rest of my life outside of my emotions and moods be even keeled. Even though it does not eliminate the sadness, the rest of my life is more pleasant so it helps out in the "overall" affect.

I want to drink deeply from the joys of life, and I am not sure how to return to that position. It seems I used to live life with far more gusto than I currently do, and I want that to change. I want to once again feel the deep, moving passions in my day for all that I wish to do. I am on a mission to try to find that old part of myself again. Although I currently go through the motions, and do most of the things I used to do that made life feel so rich and so full, it is like the old phrase, I think I am putting the emphasis on the wrong syllable (read that EM-pha-sis, and sy-LA-ble).

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The oft-injured Wells is having the best year of his career and is approaching his first 1[url=http://www.BobbyWagnerJersey.com]Bobby Wagner Womens Jersey[/url]
000-yard year I recommend you do a complete registry examination first He and his older sister Kourtney are the only KardashianÂ’s to graduate from college To control the batsman you have to flick the bowl in the direction you want it to goViking cues are known for their soft to medium hit[url=http://www.BruceIrvinJersey.com]Bruce Irvin Womens Jersey[/url]
which derives from their plastic joints and collars1973-Roger Staubach[url=http://www.JaredAllenJersey.net]Jared Allen Womens Jersey[/url]
Dallas Cowboys and Roman Gabriel[url=http://www.BrandonMarshallJersey.net]Brandon Marshall Womens Jersey[/url]
Philadelphia Eagles (23)While Dallas' Roger Staubach had 25 and 27 TD passes his final two years in the NFL[url=http://www.CalvinJohnsonJersey.net]www.CalvinJohnsonJersey.net[/url]
those numbers did not lead the league
bs to get readymade thesis download on Ecommerce[url=http://www.TrentRichardsonJersey.com]www.TrentRichardsonJersey.com[/url]
Marketing[url=http://www.HowieLongJersey.com]Howie Long Jersey[/url]
Commerce and Management etcHOW DO CUSTOMERS NORMALLY COMPLAIN ABOUT BRANDS?When asked how customers normally complain about brands[url=http://www.TroyPolamaluJersey.net]Troy Polamalu Jersey[/url]
most will do so on the company’s website (46%)[url=http://www.BruceIrvinJersey.com]www.BruceIrvinJersey.com[/url]
followed by on the phone (26%) then by good old fashioned snail mailSome celebrities with a connection to the Packers[url=http://www.CharlesTillmanJersey.net]Charles Tillman Womens Jersey[/url]
who we believe are not Packers fans:Demi Moore ? Ashton Kutcher's wife has been to a Packers game and was reportedly cheering for the home team[url=http://www.KevinWalterJersey.com]Kevin Walter Womens Jersey[/url]
but Kutcher is a well-documented Chicago Bears fan and Moore seemingly has no other connection to the PackersHere are the letters and documents recently sent to Bush and Paulsonmetadata divThis can also act as an appetite suppressant Not only is the geographical location of an international event important in order to shorten the travel time and potential jetlag of as many attendees as possible

Monday, 17 December, 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonoutletmart.co.uk/]louis vuitton handbags[/url][/b] Instinct is commonly explained as "still and quiet." It doesn generally response inside a huge, booming voice. It is actually much subtler. Concentrate to any images you get, phrases you hear, physical sensations you knowledge or feelings you're feeling. Guardian dental also offers the HMO-type prepare for its most economy-minded customers. With this particular kind of approach, you will need to work together with the accredited dental expert assigned to you. Lastly, in specific geographical locations, Guardian is very pleased to offer pre-paid strategies.

[b][url=http://www.onlinesaleswebsite.com/]louis vuitton outlet[/url][/b] Now you may need to concentrate on washing the leather-based aspect of the bags, this will even be really dangerous dependent within the style of leather applied to make your purse. Numerous strategies can be done to clean the leather, one example is by making use of damp fabric; rub the damp fabric with fantastic moisturizing soap then rub it for the leather devoid of which makes it soaked. To clean the surplus soap from a leather handbag never use water you can do this through the use of a moist wipe and after that polish it effectively together with the assistance of a dry towel.

[b][url=http://www.onlinesaleswebsite.com/]www.onlinesaleswebsite.com[/url][/b] A victim mentality is 1 in which you blame all people else for what goes on with your entire world. (Yet another definition not as typically employed is one that claims someone thinks the future only holds undesirable things for them.) If you don't have the advertising it is mainly because Mr. Johnson was out to receive you.

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonoutletmart.co.uk/]louis vuitton outlet[/url][/b] The very first ten minutes, Stewart Downing remaining move, Steven Gerrard twenty five yards shot saved by Joe Hart. Liverpool the direct from the 13th minute, Daniel Agger put on adipure iv during the restricted spot dribbles induced Stefan Savic wear adidas adipower predator foul, Steven Gerrard have on tiempo legend iv penalty, 1-0. The very first 23 minutes, Charlie Adam wear adidas adipure iv sl exchange the hurt Jay Spearing performed.

[b][url=http://www.onlinesaleswebsite.com/]louis vuitton official website[/url][/b] What is actually even even worse is always that acne leave at the rear of scars that serve as unpleasant reminders even prolonged immediately after they gone. So are you presently trying to find helpful acne breakouts skincare goods. In the event you want less invasive and more affordable treatment options to eliminate acne breakouts scars, there are numerous natural selections you are able to try.

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonoutletmart.co.uk/]louis vuitton handbags[/url][/b] I am there bodily but not contained in the moment. I am hectic "doing" rather than "being" due to the fact I'm serious about a lot of items directly. Can you relate?. Objects might probably be acquired individually or as being a established. There could be collections of pendants, Gucci Outlet necklaces, bracelets and earrings to commemorate the for seasons and heart pendants as aspect in their getaway collection'. Additionally they make children's jewellery..

Tuesday, 18 December, 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, 15 January, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home