The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

.
Conversational Loop

Not a whole helluva lot to say tonight. I have put my pipe fast on hiatus for the time being. Not that it makes too much difference at the moment, for I am not enamored with may current rotation of pipes nor any of the tobacco I have. I have been smoking a bowl or three a day out of habit, but garner little pleasure from them at the moment. It feels like a friend has left me.

I have been reading a few trashy crime novels of late, attempting to prepare me for my next attempt at writing a novel. Michael Connelly and Lawrence Sanders are the primary reads in this preparation. While I likely will not complete the task again (I started in 2004, but quit rather quickly), it is enjoyable to daydream about it now. Thursday is Day 1.

I would like to have all my computers be cleaned up to be running the same of everything and to have my desktops all be organized in the same fashion. This would be nice, for then I would not have to hunt around for the materials I want, worry about conflicting versions of every last damn program, and it would give me a unity I enjoy. Yet, I do not have the energy to update programs, nor to clean desktops into a unified pattern.

I would like to accomplish more, but I am feeling so damn lazy. I think the rapidly diminishing daylight hours are giving me a mild form of seasonal affective disorder. I sometimes wish I lived in Florida where the day length did not change so drastically. Next week, with the change of the clocks, it will start to be dark in these parts around 4:30 - 5:00 pm. Very challenging.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home