The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

.
24 Hours Needs to Be 32 Hours

Wish me well, friends. I am in the midst of a deadline for submission of abstracts to a scientific meeting I would like to present my research findings at. The deadline for these abstracts as well as other looming deadlines is making my days feel quite rushed and chaotic. If I had a magic wand, I would extend the day to being 32 hours in length, so that I could afford to give 8 hours of the day to sleep and still work 24 hours a day during these times.

If I can persevere and hold my calm, it should make for some very interesting times ahead. But, keeping up the stamina to get all these fussy, fastidious and mind-numbing deadlines met is exhausting.

My goal is to still walk Wednesday morning, no matter how damn cold it is outside. I also am planning to adopt more "zen-like" qualities during the day tomorrow to try to keep an even keel. I also am planning to hide in my back office away from the multitudes who want a piece of me "for just a moment" to "help them with their crisis". It feels rude, but it the only way I know to maintain my sanity during these times of looming deadlines.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home