The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, November 02, 2007

.
Today

I did not write on Thursday, as the day was spent in thought.

Today, November 2, 2007 was the day in our diocese when all who have died were remembered at a special mass. For the first time since my mother's death and her funeral, I traveled the hour across town to attend the parish I grew up in. Since my mother's passing, I have attended mass at a church closer to my home (about 10 minutes away). It was here that her name was read amongst those that have died. The mass lasted roughly one hour and began at sunset. My wife and I attended.

Prior to going to the mass, we stopped by my mother's grave and placed a pale pink rose on her burial site. We both stood there and looked at the place where my mother was buried for a long time.

At the end of the mass, a member of each family who had lost a loved one was invited to come to the altar, receive a scented candle with our deceased loved one's name on in, and light it from the Chi Rho Paschal Candle adjacent to the altar.

Following the lighting of the candles, the mass concluded. And we went home.

It was 8 months ago today that my beautiful mother passed away.

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy phentermine buy phentermine weight loss - buy phentermine online 37.5mg

Monday, 19 November, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home