The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, November 16, 2007

.
A Matter of Speaking

Sadly, "Andrew" has decided to write more negative things towards me on his site. And, when I attempted to leave a calm reply, he deleted it. Oh well. Below, I will summarize my comment (unfortunately, I did not save it, so I am paraphrasing as best as I can recall).

Paraphrase of a comment left to "Andrew" on his blog, 4th Avenue Blues, but deleted by him shortly after posting:

Sir:

I wish to thank you for your very kind words (sarcasm). I am unsure about your extreme rancor and why you feel so angry. The anger that I had towards you was due to a rather rude comment you made to me (you told me I was "harping" about things). I no longer feel anger towards you because I see how inconsequential any of this is. I had throught of you as a good Internet friend. In fact, I still think of you that way, but it is doubtful the friendship will continue as you seem far too angry for that to happen.

As far as annonymity goes, I made a concious decision when I started blogging to have a pseudonym, in order to keep my real-world life seperated somewhat from my Internet life. For me, the choice was obvious, because by having a pseudonym, I was able to reveal a far deeper aspect of my thoughts and ideas than I nor many do in real life. I think there are many, many others who do likewise. In fact, when you were upset many months ago about your relatives reading your blog, I suggested you may want to do something similar. Yet, what I write about *is* me. And my writings are my thoughts and ideas. My words reveal a deep truth about my own feelings and beliefs about the world and about myself.

I am sorry you are so angry and upset. But, unfortunately, it is something of your own making (you started the rude statements). I am no longer angry, but I am only half the equation.

Good day, sir, and have a good life,

PipeTobacco

And now, back to preperations for the voyage north!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home