The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

.
To Harp

a transient verb - to persist in talking or writing tediously and continuously


It seems I have been labeled a person who "harps". To me, that is a hugely rude, impolite, callous, and unjust moniker to label upon me. In an effort to refrain from "harping", I shall simply stay mute with those who feel I am so from this time forward.

* * * * *

I am planning to steal away to deer camp later this week. It is my plan and hope that the alignment of schedules, time lines, and dispositions this week allow my foray into the great white North to be robust, fruitful, fanciful, enjoyable, and a helluva lot of fun. If all goes as planned, I shall head North Thursday or Friday and shall have evenings filled with poker, rough language, beer, pipes, liquor,cigars and a camaraderie that is nourishing to a man's soul. Some at deer camp may actually go hunting as well. I have the truck filled with gasoline and have packed all the needed accoutrements to aid in this adventure that is only a few short days away.

* * * * *

I have been trying to encourage my baby brother to write more often with more purpose. He has some delightful, heartfelt stories of the wonderful life with his wife and two lovely kids. His blog is Lectures On Life, and I hope to get him to put his thoughts onto electronic paper more often. As an English faculty, he sometimes gets overwrought with grammar, style, and impact... and this actually impedes his efforts to simply record his thoughts. He has an incredible ability and he has two of the most adorable little kids around.

* * * * *

A final note, I am planning to post for Wednesday, a new "meme" that Abbagirl has posted on her site. I will of course answer the questions based upon my own thoughts, but the "meme" she has uncovered is a very interesting, thought provoking one, and I hope you will enjoy it.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home