The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

.
Eye of the Storm

It is currently a waiting game. We shall see if the fellow accepts the job, or if he has a better job opportunity. I hope and pray that God has given him another job opportunity, one that the fellow likes far better than the offer at my U.

It is now Easter Sunday. It is a time of rebirth for those of us who practice the Roman Catholic faith. In my mind, I have contemplated so much of late about my place in the Department and my place in the world, and I feel I have been lacking. I truly believe this is the message that I was meant to hear... "Get going, do not let your time here go for naught."

I have been trying to focus my energies better. I have been trying to figure out how to make myself into a better, more loving husband and father. I have been trying to figure out how to become a stronger, more passionate researcher and educator. I so hope this is what God wants for me.

Please God, Your dying on the cross frees me to pursue a life bigger than myself. I cannot know what You are thinking at this moment, so I can only offer my hope for what will transpire in the next few days. In taking to heart Your message to me on Palm Sunday to give my troubles to You and to not worry myself about the politics of the Department, I have been envisioning a plan of action to change myself into what it is I believe You wish for me to become. Please God, know that I now have a compass point to steer my efforts. Please, please consider giving this suggested hire another job, one that is better suited for him that he accepts so that I may have a bit of breathing room, a bit of peace, in order to undergo this transformation. Please consider this request, in Your most holy name.

Thank you, Lord, for all that you have provided.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home