The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, April 21, 2008

.
Waiting to Wait

Life has been moving at oddly disjointed speeds of late. I am at one moment extremely busy and have no time to think, but then the next moment I have nothing I can convince myself to do... even though I have any number of tasks that vie for attention.

Philosophically and physically I am utterly neutral. I am not thinking or experiencing emotions as far as I can tell. A lack of emotions is both odd and yet very comfortable. Perhaps it is what is meant by "zen"? Blunted or non-experienced emotions make it so that I do not feel and it seems perfectly ok. Are emotions overrated? Could it be that emotion is simply a negative artifact of our development towards thinking higher level thought?

It matters not what I do from day-to-day or moment-to-moment. Life is simply a linear progression to the end where we reach the destination.

What do I look for in life currently? Comfort, gentleness, quietness. Anything else is meaningless.

Other, of course, than the love of my wife and kids. I suspect I will write more tomorrow.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home