The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

.
Forcing Myself To Do

I am trying to force myself to do my normal day-to-day routines regularly again. It is true in so very many aspects of my life including blogging. While the "pseudo-zen" lack of feelings and emotions does not feel painful, it truly is not conducive to my accomplishing my normal goals and aspirations.

It is much like the old inertia argument. A body at rest stays at rest, whereas a body in motion will more easily stay in motion. I am protected, but stuck in a vanilla bland world of no emotions. It feels safe, as if a cocoon, but there must be a way to return to activity and yet stay content, feel protected, and although it may only be a pipe dream.... perhaps feel happiness again.

I would like to feel happy. I do not know how to find that state again. I hope this return to daily blogging will at least be one step towards finding that happiness.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home