The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

.
Pleasant Outcome

I am very pleased that Hillary Clinton won the Pennsylvania Primary on Tuesday. Her 10+ % victory is something that I feel is very good for the nation. I think she is currently a far better candidate for the job than Sen. Obama.

Please do not get me wrong, I think Obama has a great deal to offer. But I think Sen. Clinton is far superior at this juncture.

If I could shape the political landscape to my own liking, I would have the two of the be forced to sit in a room and agree to WORK TOGETHER so that Clinton would run as the presidential candidate and Obama would run as the vice presidential candidate. I think the two together would be a sure thing in the election this November.

There is additional method to my idea as well... if the two of them would be smart and run together as I outline above... we would have a chance at 16 years of GOOD government and GOOD relations with other nations. Hillary could be president for the first eight years and Barack could be president during the second eight year period.

Could you imagine all the wonderful things that could be accomplished if that were to happen? A good economy, progress on a cleaner environment, fuel efficiency standards with substance, improved funding for science research, improved funding for arts and humanities, increased funding for education, a real health care system for all.

Damn, I hope it is not just a pipe dream. Please, Hillary and Barack, join forces as I have suggested and make a REAL valuable contribution to our nation and the world.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home