The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, April 28, 2008

.
Routine

Perhaps I am a creature of habit after all (grin). It seems to be that I am feeling more "normal"... not ecstatic or jovial, but at least "normal". It could be me forcing myself back into a routine (posting regularly, eating more healthily, exercising more, consuming more fluids), it could be the lengthening daylight, it could be the improved temperatures, or it could simply be something else... but I feel perfectly adequate.

It may sound odd, but I have decided to explore a form of art involving the use of mosaic tiles. You may have seen this craft on various television programs (HGTV often has them). For some reason, the artistry, the hands-on nature of the work, the tangibleness of the tile seems highly appealing to me. I am envisioning creating objects not like what are on the programs on HGTV.... patio rocks, counter-tops, vases and the like. Instead, what I hope to do is to create artistic wall hangings and two dimensional and three dimensional clocks using these tiles with a Seurat - pointillism feel.

It should be interesting and entertaining.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home