The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

.
Grades Are Done!

As stated above, grades are done, marinated, and turned in. Sadly, roughly 15% of my students earned an "F" grade. That is roughly about the same percentage as those who had earned either an "A" or an "A-" grade.

In actuality, I appear to have a very good bell-shaped curve this semester. Besides the above grades, I have roughly 20% of the students in the "B" range, 30% in the "C" range and another 20% in the "D" range.

Now, I am not sure what to do with my time. I should at least straighten my offices, straighten out my lab, and empty the various beakers, ashtrays, etc filled with spent pipe tobacco leaves. I should try to organize my plan of action for the next while as well.

It is an odd conundrum... I have freedom, but I feel I should not experience said freedom yet because I need to clean and organize. If I brought my office and labs back into order, I could experience a more extensive freedom when finished.

So, should I experience freedom NOW, with it being just slightly muted by the cleaning and organizing I should do? Or, should I postpone freedom for a bit by bringing the offices and lab back into order before taking a while to play?

Maybe I will sit back for a moment, eat lunch, play on the computer a bit, reach deep into the back of my lower file cabinet drawer in my back office for a bit of "flavor" to add to my coffee, and think about which of the above should be my plan.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home