The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, June 16, 2008

.
Gerbil On A Wheel

My wife and I had a wonderful day on Sunday. Father's Day was a beautiful day, and the kids were a pure delight in every way, shape, and form. I love them dearly. In the afternoon, we went to my wife's sister's home to celebrate Father's Day for my father-in-law. That too was quite delightful.

We decided to bring chicken for the grill. We concocted a marinade for the chicken that consisted of fat free Italian dressing, rosemary, and a secret mix of various Southwestern spices that I put together. We allowed the boneless chicken breasts to marinade in the mixture for roughly 8 hours prior to grilling. At my sister-in-law's house, my wife volunteered to man the grill and cooked hamburgers and hotdogs and of course our wonderful chicken. My wife took great care to cook the chicken slowly and carefully and when it was finished it was absolutely the most delectable chicken I have eaten from the grill in my entire life.

What my wife and I decided to both do was take pieces of the grilled chicken breast and dice them and make a humongous salad (The other item we brought to the dinner for everyone was a big salad of 5 different greens plus cucumbers, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. Added to this we had sides of Gorgonzola cheese, onions, olives, walnuts, dried cranberries.) We ate our fill and it was utterly delightful. There was also enough extra that my wife and I had the same for dinner in the evening.

* * * * *

Sleeping was a chaotic affair. I had two difficult and also odd nightmares:

#1 - A home in our neighborhood suddenly disappeared. All that was left was its foundation. Initially, in my dream, I thought someone simply moved the home to a new lot nearby. But, in the dream, it was eventually determined that the home was stolen! I am not sure why I had this particular dream, but it was quite disconcerting and in the dream I spent much of the time talking to a pair of detectives (one a police detective and one a private detective... who were oddly enough identical twin brothers) about the crime scene. Their questions made me think I was becoming a suspect.

#2 - This nightmare consisted of two parts. In part "A" I happened to meet the barber I had visited since I was a kid at the local mall. He pulled me over and asked me to sit with him and explain the medical test results he had just gotten back from his doctor. I read through the paperwork and sadly explained to him that he was diagnosed with a form of cancer. My barber friend, nodded his understanding and the last part of this nightmare I remember is seeing him bent over, his head in his hands as he was crying on the bench at the mall. The dream may have paused a bit, but then proceeded into part "B". In part "B" it was several weeks later and I was at my barber's house. He was irate and in this portion of the nightmare he took out a gun and fired it at his front window and then came at me and pointed it directly against my chest. The angle of the barrel of the gun would obliterate my thoracic cavity, pulverizing my heart into human hamburger if he fired. I stood there frightened beyond belief, not knowing what to do. I then woke up from the nightmare and it was actually 3:45 am.

* * * * *

After sitting up for 15-20 minutes, letting the dream's vividness and terror dissipate from my mind, I went back to sleep. The morning was quite nice as I do not teach on Monday's during this half session. My wife and I were able to engage each other in delightfully slow, gentle, and passionate intimacy. As our bodies intermingled and intertwined we touched and massaged each other. After teasing and coaxing and physical exertion, we each of climaxed with a release of fluids and fell heavily into bed in each other's arms and fell back asleep for perhaps a half an hour or so. We then talked some and coaxed each other to get get up for the day and walk together outside and visit the gym This hour long walk reminded me a bit of being a gerbil on a wheel... it had no purpose other than exercise, but it was made more enjoyable today because my wife and I both did it together, and enjoyed the time spent together.

I am now at work preparing for Tuesday teaching.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home