The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, June 30, 2008

.
Miscellaneous Thoughts & Emotions


My wife and I and kids went on a brief trip for a few days to a neighboring state. It was wonderfully relaxing and enjoyable.

Sadly, it made all the more apparent my anger and frustration and hurt feelings about the impending arrival of "Super Puppy". Frankly, in thinking through this topic most of the morning, I have come to realize more fully that I have nothing to be upset about with "Super Puppy". He is a nice fellow, and I am going to do my damnedest to become his friend and associate. Where my anger, rage, and enormously hurt feelings arise is in my significant hatred of those members of my Department who are such evil, two-faced bastards of immense order. They do not give a royal damn about me and they never have, and I despise them for it with every fiber of my being. I have put in a huge amount of time effort and sweat in trying to make a difference in my Department. I have tried to make things better and stronger and as valuable as I could for the Department and for the students.

Unfortunately, most people in the Department, especially the five whom I now fully despise and would prefer to never speak with again (partially because of their vote, but mostly because I am fed up to my ears with their hypocritical, two-faced b*llsh*t. Let us examine them in detail:

Donald: The oldest member in our Department and the biggest, most selfish one of the lot. He thinks his being Chair is something special, but mostly he is a deluded, nasty little man who is given the Chair's job because no one else wants to have to deal with it. This fellow has a mean streak a mile wide and 100 feet deep. He also tries to pawn off about half of his Department Chair duties onto me, and I have decided to not do a damn bit of it anymore.

Samuel: The big blowhard of the group. He bellows at will and expects everyone to jump at his beck and call. At times he can be a nice fellow, but his bellowing is tiresome and his continual use of it to get his way makes him an annoyance of the highest order.

Earl: A scrawny, sunken-chested sort of fellow who is more two-faced than anyone I have ever met. It was only 2-3 years ago that this nasty fool, himself, pitched a royal fit when someone suggested in a different hire that we hire someone who overlapped Earl in a SINGLE area... basically in ONE particular course they could teach. His about face concerning this new hire (Super Puppy) who OVERLAPS ME IN EVERY TEACHING AND RESEARCH AREA allows me to see how utterly despicable and two-faced he is. Not only that, but he is a mean and nasty person at the Department meetings who tried to castigate me as I expressed my desire to not hire "Super Puppy" when we were making the decision. He basically stated in a snide and snippy manner "What is wrong with him having some overlap with you?" when he had so recently pitched a royal fit. He is the sneakiest one because he pretends to be pleasant and cheery most of the time, but he is simply nasty.

Hattie: The oldest woman in our group in terms of tenure. She shares many of the same qualities with Earl in being two faced. There have been at least three recent hires where she b*tch*d up and down about hiring someone who ONLY OVERLAPPED HERSELF IN ONE SMALL AREA. Again, this is unlike the relationship between me and Super Puppy WHO OVERLAP IN EVERY WAY except he is younger, "cooler", and "trendy" so all the kids will flock to him like girls used to do to the Beatles in the early days.

Theresa: The most surprising, but I think I had my head in the sand about her. This woman b*tch*d and moaned about all these "injustices" she experienced right and left ad infinitum. One particular "injustice" of hers was in my estimation, quite valid, and I worked over a period of two years to fix it and make it right by working with and trying to convince the Department to make some changes in regards to her. So, after I spearheaded this and was actually successful, what is it... two years later and this rude, obnoxious woman back stabs me in ala "et tu Brute" style? To say that I have lost any respect for her or her manner is an understatement.

* * * * *

Well, it seems likely today that I will reach the 100,000 mark on my hit counter. That should be interesting and enjoyable.

* * * * *

I shall stop writing for today and try to find a way to keep my spirits from falling back into the abyss of anger, hurt, and resentment now that I feel a bit better having talked to you, my readers about my emotions on this matter.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home