The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

.
Day to Forget

Another horrendously long day of teaching is past. I arrived at 7:45am and left at 9:45pm with only two 15 minute breaks. I had several instances where I became sad, irate and despondent over the impending arrival of "puppy". It sends a deep and deadly chill down my spine to think about his arrival and also reignites my anger and actual hatred towards members of my Department.

I want to learn how to not feel so threatened. I want to figure out how to keep my own sense of worth and value. I want to feel special and valued in the Department. I want to feel unique. I would like it to be that he and I become friends, and that we can work together and collaborate. But, I fear and dread that instead he will try to usurp me at every venue, be "cooler", "trendier", and a "hottie" in comparison to me and everyone will flock to befriend him and I will be isolated and alone.

I do not want to disappear emotionally or spiritually.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home